Saturday, April 11, 2015

Keep on Keepin' On

Hi guys!

I'm still pretty sure there's nobody here, but that's okay. I actually kind of like the idea that my thoughts are floating around out there for somebody to happen upon. It's cool.

I don't have anything figured out, and I think most teens could relate to that. But more and more I feel like we're all being pressured to find a mold and fit ourselves to it. Whether we have tons of friends or always wear pretty outfits or like anime or get good grades, we have to stick to acting like "that type" of high school kid. And sometimes maybe it seems like that's the easiest way to be, and everybody's doing it and it's working out for them. But I don't think so anymore.

I think we all have this struggle going on. Even the people who look like they have it together are wondering, changing and trying  to find peace between themselves and who everyone wants them to be. It might sound cheesy, because we've heard it thousands of times and not once taken it to heart. But things are going to get better, and you only need to keep on going and trust that it will pan out.

I've been needing this reminder a lot lately, so maybe this is more for myself then anyone else. But we're all fighting incessant battles in our heads, and if we acknowledged that it would probably make everyone's day a little easier. So this is for all of us. We can make it. It will take tears and laughter and sunlight and so, so much time, but we WILL make it.

Bonne nuit, Wall!

2 comments:

  1. you seem really cool to be honest. I would hang out with u :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I read you last two posts and related to so so much of them. When I get out of school I want to travel around the world and just be with amazing people in amazing places before getting "sucked into the work force" like you said :)

      Delete